Friday, June 25, 2010

It Starts .............

My first set of financial documents - the ones requested by my mortgage company and its law firm - was completed and sent in September, 2008.  It included my previous year federal taxes, a pay stub, the completed hardship documents, and proof of the robbery, roof replacement, boiler replacement, gas leak, and all other relevant information related to my case.

This is now one of the critical components to my HUD case - the fact that I have proof that I provided all of the documents to my mortgage company - upon the date requested.

Whether you are just beginning a loan modification or are in the middle, do your best to keep track of the date/time of all documents and when they are sent.  If you can, when sending by snail mail, get a return receipt so that you have a signature proving it was received.  If by email, get a confirmation that it was received.  If by fax, hold on to that confirmation page - staple it together with the originals!!


Foreclosure magistrates are well aware that there is "something" going on with mortgage companies and, if you get to the point of foreclosure, will be more than willing to work with you in mediation to come to a resolution if you can prove that you have been jerked around by the mortgage company :)  Also, by keeping those documents, you will be able to get yourself in on the class action against the mortgage companies in the future.

DOCUMENT!  DOCUMENT!  DOCUMENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment